|Tender Name:||Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) - Design and Delivery of a Non-State Actors (NSAs) Capacity Building Program for Engaging in Regional Policy|
|Close Date:||revised to 14-04-2016|
|Required Pre-qualification||Refer to TOR|
|For further queries:|
|Email Submissions to:||
Bidders will email submissions entitled:
"Expression of Interest for NSA Capacity Building Program"
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
Design and Delivery of a Non-State Actors (NSAs) Capacity Building Program for Engaging in Regional Policy
The Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat (PIFS) through the EU funded “Strengthening Non-State Actors Engagement in Regional Policy Development and Implementation Programme” is seeking submissions from reputable and suitably qualified/experience service providers for expression of interest for the design and delivery of a Non-State Actors (NSAs) Capacity Building Program for Engaging in Regional Policy.
The aims of the NSAs Capacity Building Program will be to:
- Address NSAs capacity needs in a range of relevant technical areas required for effective policy engagement;
- Increase participation and contribution of NSAs in effective regional policy dialogues and debate;
- Develop NSA requisite competencies to carry out relevant public policy related engagements; and,
- Up skill NSAs to engage effectively in public policy making process and or initiate policy development and implementation initiatives with national and regional relevance.
The expected outcomes of the NSAs Capacity Building Program are:
- Increase in skills and capacities relating to policy engagement (advocacy, analysis, etc);
- Regular/increased participation and contribution of NSAs in public policy debates, development and advice;
- NSAs heightened confidence in regional policy engagements; and,
- Ability of NSAs to influence regional policy priorities pertinent to their constituents.
Expressions of interest are sought for two distinct roles:
a. Training module development and delivery
b. Program coordination
Applications will be received for individuals, organisations, or academic institutions.
Submission of Expression of Interest (EOI)
Applicants interested in module development are asked to prepare a short document (2 pages) outlining:
- Proposed topic/s for module development
- Proposed methodology for module delivery (conceptual summary only)
- Experience in training/capacity building and direct experience relating to the chosen topic/s
- Estimated costs for module design, production of any resource materials and delivery of module/s
- Resources required and capacity to deliver
Note: Respondents planning to utilize existing materials are welcome to attach these in support of their submission.
Applicants interested in program coordination are asked to prepare a short document (2 pages) outlining:
- Experience relating to development and/or delivery of capacity building programs for NSAs, particularly with any ‘Train the Trainer’ programs
- Understanding of regional policy processes
- Experience coordinating and working with a range of NSAs
- Concept of how you would approach this task
- Estimated cost for delivery (over course of one year)
Note: Respondents should attach their CV.
Submissions should be entitled: Expression of Interest for NSA Capacity Building Program
Deadline for Submissions: revised to 14th April 2016 (opening will be on 15th April at 9am – all submissions received overnight on 14th will be accepted)
Any complaints regarding the Secretariat’s tenders must be directed to the following email - Tender.Complaints@forumsec.org This email address will forward your complaint to a person that is independent and removed from the tender process. Complaints must be well founded and should not be used as a mechanism for notifying displeasure with the outcome of a tender award.
The following weightings will be used to evaluate the submissions:
|Module Development Criteria||%|
|Proposed topic for module development||10%|
|Methodology for module delivery||20%|
|Resources and capacity to deliver||20%|
|Program Coordination Criteria||%|
|Understanding of regional policy process||10%|
|Experience in coordinating and working with NSAs||20%|
|Program coordination concept||20%|
|Experience in capacity building program development or design (particularly with any "Train the Trainer" program)||30%|
If you have any questions or would like any clarifications, please post a Comment below. We will post the reply here.