|Tender Name:||Technical Consultant for Forum Compact Development Partner Review|
|Reference Document:||Terms of Reference|
|Close Date:||4.30pm 03-04-2015|
|Required Pre-qualification||Not Applicable|
|Email Bids to:||Tender.ForumCompact@forumsec.org|
|Contact person:||Mr Alfred Schuster|
|Telephone||679 331 2600|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address:||
Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat,
Private Mail Bag,
Technical Consultant for Forum Compact Development Partner Review of Australia's Development Cooperation:
The Forum Secretariat seeks a suitably qualified and experienced person to provide technical consultancy services to support the Secretariat in the implementation of the peer review of development partner’s development cooperation efforts under the Forum Compact for Strengthening Development Coordination in the Pacific.
The technical consultant will contribute primarily to:
• Preparing of background briefs and documentation for the use of the Review team prior to the review drawing on: development cooperation policy and procedures documentation received from Australia; Pacific regional tracking and synthesis reports under the Forum Compact, including Forum island country peer review reports; and global monitoring reports on effective development cooperation;
• Assessing the effectiveness of Australia’s development cooperation in meeting the development needs of Forum island countries, through regional partnerships and delivery;
• Provide support in the facilitation and implementation of consultations in Australia and the nominated Forum island country, with relevant senior government and non-government stakeholders; and
• Preparing the draft Review report in close consultation with the Review team, Australia and the Forum Secretariat.
Skills and experience:
The Consultant shall have highly developed expertise in all of the areas below:
• Demonstrated knowledge of the application in the Pacific of the global and regional development cooperation policy agenda, including the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness through to the Busan Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation and the Forum Compact on Strengthening Development Coordination in the Pacific.
• Experience of working in/with Pacific island governments on development policy, planning and budgeting; development partnerships (bilateral & regional); and monitoring and evaluation
• Experience of working in the Pacific with diverse development partners and donors at both a regional and national level.
• Good knowledge and understanding of development cooperation policies of development partners in the Pacific, including associated strategies and procedures and its implementation
• Experience in assessment and analysis of information from diverse sources
• Excellent written and oral English
Proposals should be addressed to the Secretary General, Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, Private Mail Bag, Suva, and can be sent electronically to Tender.ForumCompact@forumsec.org . For any queries regarding this consultancy please do contact Mr Alfred Schuster. Proposals should be received by close of business on Friday 3 April 2015
In the event that further information is required in relation to the tender proposal, the Secretariat reserves the right to seek the required information without the need for calling for resubmission of proposals.
*Member States of the Pacific Islands Forum: Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
The Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat is an equal opportunity employer and encourages both men and women to apply.
If you have any questions or would like any clarifications, please post a Comment below.